Thursday, February 5, 2009
MOCHA MARBLE CHEESECAKE
2 cups blended chocolate biscuit crumbs
100 gm. melted butter
1 1/2 tsp. instant coffee powder (Nescafe)
Cream Cheese fillings:
700 gm. Cream Cheese
50 gm. melted chocolate
1 tsp. instant coffee powder + 2 Tbsp. hot water
100 gm. fine sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
(1) For biscuit base: Mix all the ingredients together and press into an 8" springform pan. Press evenly over the bottom and about halwfway up the sides of the pan. Chill in the refrigerator till the biscuit base is harden.
(2) To make the fillings, cream the cream cheese until just smooth about 30 seconds, then add in the sugar and beat till smooth. Add in vanilla essence and add 1 egg and beat until incorporated. Scrape the bowl and add in the second egg and continue beating till smooth.
(3) Scoop out 1 cup of the cheese filling, add in melted chocolate and dissolved coffee powder.
(4) Pour the plaint batter in the prepared biscuit base and smooth the top.
(5) Spoon pools of chocolate filling over the plain batter, making sure to leave some plain batter showing. Jiggle the pan gently to level the batter. Marble the batters with a chopstick (swirl) until the colours are intermingled but not blended.
(6) Place pan in the oven (baine marie / steam bake) for one hour or till cooked.
(7) Let cheese cake cool in the oven and then chill it before serving.
* You can also pour half of the plain mixture into the pan, then scoop some chocolate mixture on top then pour the remainin mixture on top then the remaining chocolate mixture on top. Then swirl for marble effect.