Tuesday, March 17, 2009
No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Ingredient (18cm mould) :
110g digestive biscuits crumbs
40g melted butter
250g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
1 tbsp rum
8 oreo cookies coarsely crushed
250ml whipping cream
1 tbsp gelatine powder
10ml lemon juice
3 tbsp hot water
1. Toss biscuit crumbs into melted butter and press firmly on to base of cake pan. Chill in the fridge.
2. Whip whipping cream till about 70% stiff or mousse state.
3. Double boil (C) until gelatine powder dissolved. Keep warm.
4. Cream (A) until smooth and creamy. Blend in gelatine solution.
5. Blend in whipped cream.
6. Pour 1/2 cheese mixture onto cake base top it with oreo cookies crushed coarsely and pour the rest of the cheese mixture on top. You can also stir in the crushed oreo cookies during Step (5). Chill for 3 hours.
7. Decorate with some cream and finely crushed oreo.
1. You can add finely ground oreo into cheese mixture but the colour of the cake will then become dark grey instead of cream coloured.
2. Better to do this cake on a pan with a removable base. I wrapped the cake pan base with aluminum foil and serve the cake on it.
3. To easily remove chilled cake, wrap a warm towel around the pan and remove cake from the bottom.