Thursday, May 7, 2009

Chicken Curry Mumsdishes style


Ingredients:

2 pcs chicken breast cut to smaller bite sizes (or you can replace with chicken wings )
2 medium potatoes cut into 4 each
2 stalks of curry leaves
2 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon biryani powder
2 tablespoon meat curry powder
1 tablespoon coconut thick milk(kara brand or any packet brand)optional
1 small onion- sliced 
2 cloves garlic- sliced
1 cube chicken stock (knorr)
1 teaspoon mix spices for curry (kas2)
2 cups of water
1 cup of tamarind juice (air asam)

Blendered Ingredients:

2 cm ginger
1 medium size onion
3 cloves garlic
1 stalk lemongrass
3 pcs candlenuts

Method:

1- In hot pan , fry the sliced onions, garlics, curry leaves and mix spices(kas2) till fragrant
2- Add in the blendered ingredients  fry till fragrant
3- Add in curry powder,garam masala, biryani powder , coconut milk , potatoes, chicken stalk and chicken ,mix well and add in the tamarind juice and water let it simmer for 10 mins or till the chicken is cook.

You can served it with white rice or bread or prata!

P.S.
sorry picture not very good only using my phone camera...
I really don't know what to cook today, sometimes you are just lack of ideas and comes back to simplicity, well it's been quite long though I did not cook curry, I know my recipes is slightly different,today my recipes has no chillies(haven't go for marketing yet only later today,hehe..)  I do some adjustment to suits my taste, and I find it better with less coconut milk or sometimes I did not add any coconut milk instead I put slightly more candlenuts( curious about the taste of candle nuts, why people always use them for cooking..so I tried to eat it raw and to my suprised it tasted like almonds so since then if I don't have candlenuts I would replaced it with almonds( I supposed candlenuts is cheaper ingredients compared to almonds and easier to get in the market..well people..sometimes is good to find alternatives..)




No comments:

Post a Comment