- 250 grammes of mee suah (or 4 pieces)
- 5 pieces dried chinese / shiitake mushrooms (sliced thinly)
- 2 large eggs
- 5 bulbs shallots (sliced thinly)
- 2 stalks spring onions (for garnishing)
- 4 tablespoons palm oil
- 5 soup bowls of hot water
Heat oil in wok and fry shallots till golden brown. Remove fried shallots.
Leaving about 2 tablespoons of oil in wok, add mushrooms and saute for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Push to the side of the wok.
Add remaining oil into wok and fry the eggs. Try not to break the eggs too much. Return mushrooms into the fried egg and stir well for another 15 seconds or so.
Add water and bring to boil. Add mee suah and stir well. Mee suah cooks fairly quickly and should turn colour when done.
Garnish with fried shallots and spring onions prior to serving. Serves approximately 3 to 4 bowls here.