130 gm. Butter
70 gm. sugar
1/2 beaten egg
1 tsp. strawberry paste
a drop of pink colouring
50 gm. almond nibs or flakes - toasted
180 gm. plain flour
40 gm. cornflour
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in beaten egg and mix till well mixed.
(3) Add in strawberry paste and pink colouring.
(4) Add in almond nibs, plain flour and corn flour and mix till a dough is formed. Rest for 20 mins. in the fridge.
(5) Roll our dough between 2 sheets of plastic. Cut out with a heart shaped cookie cutter then use a small heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the center part.
(6) Place onto baking tray and bake at 160C for about 15 - 20 mins. or until golden brown. Leave onto wire rack to cool before storing into containers.